Use Markdown Architectural Decision Records
- Status: accepted
Context and problem statement
We want to record architectural decisions made in this project.
Which format and structure should these records follow?
Chosen option: “MADR 2.1.2”, because
- Implicit assumptions should be made explicit.
Design documentation is important to enable people understanding the decisions
later on. See also A rational design process: How and why to fake it.
- The MADR format is lean and fits our development style.
- The MADR structure is comprehensible and facilitates usage & maintenance.
- The MADR project is vivid.
- Version 2.1.2 is the latest one available when starting to document ADRs.